Red Kidney Beans are high in protein, packed with vitamins and minerals - the ideal addition to healthy vegan and vegetarian diets. True to their name, Red Kidney Beans are shaped like kidneys with a red skin serving up a full bodied flavour.
- Red Kidney Beans have a firm creamy flesh and a full bodied flavour, making them great as a meat replacement and for bulking up soups and stews
- Product of China, packed in South Africa
- High in iron, an important component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in fibre to aid in digestion and maintain digestive health
- High in manganese which acts as an antioxidant and fights free radicals within the body
- High in folate to help bodies generate new cells and aid in healthy pregnancy
- High in B vitamins that help maintain energy levels throughout the day
- Cooking beans from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- To soak overnight: rinse and cover with water in a non-metal container. Leave to stand for 12 hours.
- Quick soak: cover black-eye beans with water (about 2cm above the beans), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cooking method: rinse well, cover with generous amount of water and simmer gently for 1 ½ hours until done
- Cooking tip: only mix in salt and vegetables when the beans begin to soften