Quinoa is one of the world's most popular health foods. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
How to use
Combine 1 cup of washed quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water and place them both into a pot. Add a very small pinch of sea salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and place on a lid. Simmer quinoa over a low heat for 15 minutes or until all the water has absorbed then turn off the heat
¼ cup nut butter
1 cup roasted almonds / cashews (coarsely chopped) If you have raw you can roast in oven
½ cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
2 tbsp Psyllium Husks
¾ cup Quinoa Flour Grind quinoa in coffee grinder
1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to deep baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
- Cover with baking paper and place in fridge / freezer for 15-20 minutes to get firm.
- Transfer baking tin to pre-heated oven (150°C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into 10 even bars or 9 squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.