This tasty, chunky GM-free soya mince from Health Connection is the perfect vegan and vegetarian meat substitute for your favourite dishes. Soya mince is derived from soya beans, and gives you the same texture and shape as minced meat.
It’s a simple, cost-effective veggie-friendly meat alternative that’s packed with protein, and a good source of fibre and minerals as well. Health Connection’s soya mince is organic and free of colouring, flavouring and GMOs, so you can rest assured your meat-free dishes are truly healthy and free of synthetic additives. Soya mince is versatile and so easy to cook with, so get creative and enjoy the results!
- A protein-rich meat alternative
- Derived from organic soya beans
- No added flavourings or colours
- Parev Kosher
- Source of dietary fibre
- Contains iron, magnesium, potassium & manganese
- Source of vitamins E, K, B6 & folate
How to use
To re hydrate:
- Add 1 cup boiling water or stock to 1 cup soya mince.
- Cover & leave to stand for 10 min.
- Drain before use, or add directly to soup & stew.
Recipe for Spicy Soya Mince Curry:
- 175g Health Connection Organic GMO-Free Soya Mince
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½Tbsp ground cumin
- 250ml hot water
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large frying pan; add the cardamom & bay leaves.
- When the mixture starts to sizzle, add the onions, chillies & garlic; fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya mince & fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, tomato puree, paprika & cumin; fry for a minute.
- Add the hot water & simmer for 7-9 minutes, until the curry has thickened.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with basmati rice.