This organic agave syrup from Health Connection is a healthy alternative to processed sugar and artificial sweeteners. Agave syrup is also a safer choice for diabetics, and the perfect honey substitute for vegans. You can use Health Connection’s agave syrup to sweeten your coffee and tea, or to create healthy sugar-free baked goodies
- Organic, plant-derived (produced from the blue agave plant)
- Lower glycaemic index (GI) than ordinary table sugar
- About 30% sweeter than table sugar
- Suitable for diabetics
- A vegan alternative to honey
- Dissolves quickly & easily; a great sweetener for hot or cold drinks
¼ cup nut butter
1 cup roasted almonds / cashews (coarsely chopped) If you have raw you can roast in oven
½ cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
2 tbsp Psyllium Husks
¾ cup Quinoa Flour Grind quinoa in coffee grinder
1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to deep baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
- Cover with baking paper and place in fridge / freezer for 15-20 minutes to get firm.
- Transfer baking tin to pre-heated oven (150°C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into 10 even bars or 9 squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe for Agave Lime Marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 small chives
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup Health Connection Raw Organic Agave Syrup
- 2 to 3Tbsp fresh juice from organic limes
- ¼ cup organic soy sauce
- Chop the garlic & chives.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth.
- Allow the marinade to sit about 30 minutes before using.
- Makes a delicious & tangy summer braai marinade!
2 cups Pitted Dates
2/3 cup Macadamia Flour
1/3 cup Gluten-Free Oats
Pinch of Fine Himalayan Salt
4 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
1 tbsp Agave Syrup
3 tbsp Goji Berries
2 tbsp Hemp Seed Powder
Soak the dates in warm water to soften.
- Combine the flour and oats and place in a food processor.
- Add the dates and combine well.
- Add the cacao powder, hemp seed powder and agave and blend thoroughly.
- Place brownie mix into a bowl, add the goji berries and mix well.
- Press and spread the mixture into a glass dish to your preferred thickness.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice into individual brownies and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.