Shirataki (pronounced shee-rah-ta-kee) are produced purely from the Japanese Konjac Root.
This type of noodle is made solely from the soluble fibre of the plant – known as the glucomannan. Typical noodles and pasta varieties are comprised mainly of starch, resulting in high calorie and carbohydrate content. The nutritional advantages of shirataki noodles appear to far surpass the negligible calories they deliver. By including No Calorie Noodles, not only are you able to enjoy the perfect alternative, you can also reap the benefits of their consumption:
Because Glucomannan is a water-soluble dietary fibre, it has the ability to absorb water and slow digestion of the meal with which your noodles are incorporated. This leads to:
- Stabilization of blood sugar (especially beneficial for diabetics)
- Increased satiety, leading to fewer cravings and less likelihood of over-eating. Who knew noodles held the answer to your weight-loss woes!
- Finally, you can fill up without filling out! And we mean that! At only 5 calories a bag, No Calorie Noodles are virtually calorie free. By including them in your chosen dish, you are able to increase your portion, without increasing your caloric content.
- No Calorie Noodles are wheat, soy, lactose, sugar and gluten-free! Those suffering from gluten/wheat intolerance can finally settle those noodle needs!
- No Calorie Noodles adds to your overall fibre intake, providing a ‘regulatory’ effect.
- Hectic lifestyles often contribute to poor food choices. No Calorie Noodles require no real cooking /preparation. Simply rinse and add them to your desired meal. One can boil, dry-roast, steam or simply rinse and cut the pasta before tossing them into your required dish.
- No Calorie Noodles hold no ‘real’ flavour of their own, making them compatible with any meal you add them into.
- The glucomannan fibre found in No Calorie Noodles may also lower cholesterol levels. Various studies have reported that glucomannan has appeared to reduce blood cholesterol levels in overweight study participants.