Macadamia nut oil has a higher smoking point than olive oil, and some experts say that macadamia oil’s nutty flavour is enhanced at higher cooking temperatures, making it ideal for stir frying and roasting. Its velvety smooth texture and ultra-mild nutty flavour make it perfect for decadent dressings or dips. Use it in any dish with excellent results every time.
Among oils used in food, macadamia nut oil is the highest in beneficial monounsaturated fats, which is often described as the “good oil”.
- Macadamia nut oil is very low in omega-6 fats, which have been associated with cancer and cardiovascular disease. It is believed that the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 in the typical western diet today stands at more than 10 to 1. Before the widespread use of cheaper seed oils in junk food, the ratio was closer to 3 to 1.
- This oil has no trans-fatty acids, and the rate of saturated fat is comparatively low to other types of oil.
- Macadamias contain no cholesterol, and research has shown that it may help lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Macadamias are not genetically modified.
- It contains vitamins, minerals, and protein essential in a healthy diet.