Provide High Levels of Antioxidants and Nutrients. Like most other superfoods, goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants that help boost the immune system and protect the body from high levels of inflammation since they fight free radical damage.
You can cook with dried goji berries in both sweet and savory recipes. The easiest way to get started is to use dried goji berries the way you would use raisins. That means putting them in baked goods like cookies, on top of your morning oatmeal or porridge, in trail mix, or by the handful as a snack.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Agave Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Ultimate Seed Mix
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Goji Berries or Cranberries
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the Agave Syrup and Himalayan Salt and mix well.
- When the mixture has melted, turn down the heat down to low, then add in the oats, nuts and seeds and stir until they are well coated.
- Add the goji berries and cranberries, and fold into the mixture.
- Stir continuously over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mixture to a small baking dish that is lined with baking paper.
- Press down to flatten the top and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place an extra piece of baking paper over the mix and press down hard to compact the mixture. It needs to be as compressed as you can possibly make it.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely- at least 4-6 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy!
2 cups Pitted Dates
2/3 cup Macadamia Flour
1/3 cup Gluten-Free Oats
Pinch of Fine Himalayan Salt
4 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
1 tbsp Agave Syrup
3 tbsp Goji Berries
2 tbsp Hemp Seed Powder
Soak the dates in warm water to soften.
- Combine the flour and oats and place in a food processor.
- Add the dates and combine well.
- Add the cacao powder, hemp seed powder and agave and blend thoroughly.
- Place brownie mix into a bowl, add the goji berries and mix well.
- Press and spread the mixture into a glass dish to your preferred thickness.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice into individual brownies and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.