Chia seeds are the edible seeds of Salvia hispanica, a flowering plant in the mint family native to central and southern Mexico, or of the related Salvia columbariae of the southwestern United States and Mexico. Chia seeds are oval and gray with black and white spots, having a diameter around 1 millimetre
- They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in antioxidants
- They provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
Great in Smoothies, salads and desserts!
3 ripe bananas
1 cup Cranberries
1 tsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp salt
1½ cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- Mash the bananas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon servings onto a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 160°C.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!