Cashew nuts are native to Brazil, where they have long been viewed as a delicacy. More recently, cashews have become popular throughout the world for their delicate flavor and extraordinary health benefits. You can use them as a snack or as an addition to salads, smoothies, stir-fries and other meals. With each serving of cashews, you harness incredible health benefits that set them apart from other nuts.
It is great base for vegan cheeses and sauces.
Benefits of Cashews
- Cashews Are Rich in Heart-Healthy Fatty Acids.
- Cashews Make a Fantastic Vegan Cream
- Cashews Are Protein Rich.
- Eating Cashews Could Boost Your Immune System.
- Cashews Are an Excellent Source of Antioxidants.
- Cashews Contain No Cholesterol.
- Eating Cashews Lowers Your Risk of Gallstones.
Cashew or Almond Mayonnaise
1 C blanched almonds or raw cashews
1-2 tsp Mary-Ann's Garlic & Herb Salt
1 C water
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 C EV (extra-virgin) olive oil
Optional-2 tsp. ground mustard or mustard seeds
Blend nuts, water, spices and lemon juice
Slowly add the oil (1/2 C EVO) while continuing to blend
Serve as a dip or as a salad dressing.