Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Health benefits include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels as well as reducing hunger thus promoting weight loss.
- Use them for making fresh almond milk.
- Make a sauce or some cheese
- Grind them into a flour and use as an addition for baked goods and bread.
- Add a few into a stir fry dish (not afterwards, but during the stir frying!)
- Coat them in some healthy oil and add your favorite spices.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Agave Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Ultimate Seed Mix
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Goji Berries or Cranberries
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the Agave Syrup and Himalayan Salt and mix well.
- When the mixture has melted, turn down the heat down to low, then add in the oats, nuts and seeds and stir until they are well coated.
- Add the goji berries and cranberries, and fold into the mixture.
- Stir continuously over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mixture to a small baking dish that is lined with baking paper.
- Press down to flatten the top and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place an extra piece of baking paper over the mix and press down hard to compact the mixture. It needs to be as compressed as you can possibly make it.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely- at least 4-6 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy!